LamaLo Technology Inc.
Selected References and Papers
Cowper, B. et. al., Shafting Installation and Alignment on the USS Freedom (LCS-1), Presented at the SNAME Annual Meeting, Houston, TX., USA, October 2011.
4. Cowper, B., et. al., USCG Polar Sea Aft Sterntube Bearing Design Modifications , Presented at the SNAME IceTech 2006, Banff, Alberta, Canada July 2006 Click here to Download PDF File
5. Cowper, B., et. al., Application of the Strain Gauge Alignment Technique on Slow-Speed Diesel Propulsion Shafting Installations , Presented at the World Maritime Technology Conference (WMTC), London, England March 2006 Click here to Download PDF File.
Cowper, B., et. al., Main Engine Power
and Torque Requirements on the MV Klitsa, Presented at the Canadian
Institute of Marine Engineers,
7. Cowper, B., et. al., Propulsion Shaftline Bearing and Gear Teeth Failure Investigation on the “C” Class British Columbia Ferries, Propellers / Shafting 2003 Symposium, Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA, September 2003 (Click Here to Download PDF File).
8. Cowper, B., Kolomojcev, A., Solutions to Failures of Shaft Bearings on Vessels Fitted with Z-Drive Thrusters, International Cooperation on Marine Engineering Systems (ICMES 2003), Helsinki Finland, May 2003 (Click Here to Download PDF File).
9. Cowper, B., DaCosta, A., Bobyn, S., Shaft Alignment Using Strain Gauges: Case Studies, SNAME Marine Technology, April, 1999 (Click Here to Download PDF File).
10.Cowper, B., Murray A. (Dr.), The Shaft Modeling Tool Kit (A Software Package for the Static and Dynamic Analysis of Marine Shaftlines), Presented at SNAME Pacific Northwest Section, Victoria, B.C., Canada, May, 1989. (Click Here to Download PDF File).
11.DeGeorge, V.A., Combined Effect of Vertical and Horizontal Lineshaft Alignment on Main Reduction Gear, SNAME Marine Technology, April 1982
12.Forrest Jr., A.W., Labasky, R.F., Shaft Alignment Using Strain Gauges, SNAME Marine Technology, July 1981.
13.Grant, R., Shaft Alignment Methods with Strain Gauges and Load Cells, SNAME Marine Technology, January 1980.
14.Harrington, R., Marine Engineering, SNAME, 1992.
15.Jackson, P., Shaft Alignment in Ship Repair: Three Case Studies, SNAME Marine Technology, January 1990.
16.Keshava Rao, M.N., et. al., Computer-Aided Alignment of Ship Propulsion Shafts by Strain-Gauge Methods, SNAME Marine Technology, March 1991.
17.Mckernan, J. Cameron, Propulsion Shafting Installation and Alignment Procedures in Proceedings Ship Technology and Research (STAR) Symposium, SNAME, 1986.
18.SNAME, Results of a Survey on Shaft Alignment Procedures used by American Shipyards, T&R Research Report R-25, 3-43, March 1978.
19.SNAME, Guide to Propulsion Reduction Gear Alignment and Installation, SNAME T&R Bulletin 3-43, Sept. 1987.
20.SNAME, T&R 3-51 - Practices and Procedures for the Alignment of Marine Main Propulsion Shafting Systems 2007.
21.SNAME, T&R 2-29A, Measurement and Evaluation of Structural and Machinery Vibration in Ships, 2004.
22.SNAME, Propellers/Shafting '94 Symposium, SNAME Ships' Machinery Committee, 1994.
23.SNAME, Propellers/Shafting '97 Symposium, SNAME Ships' Machinery Committee, 1997.
24.SNAME, Propellers/Shafting 2003 Symposium, SNAME Ships' Machinery Committee, 2003.
25.Volcy, G.C., Interaction
and Compatibility Between Machinery and
26.Volcy, G.C., Memoirs of a Marine Troubleshooter, The Institute of Marine Engineers, 1994.